Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Wendy's “Grill Skills” (Training Day)

Wendy's “Grill Skills” (Training Day) (Source from Filmjunk)

Yes, the rap is really bad, plus the acting is lame.

I remember watching these lame videos when I worked in retail. The videos are poorly directed and make you not want to work there.

However, this Wendy's one take the cake (patty). Seeing big business believe they can appeal the youth with rap is freaking funny.

-I like how the rapper wears a bling up version of the Wendy's uniform. Sunglasses indoors?

-So, they take all the messed up meat and dump it into the chili? I'll pass.

-Are people really that into their shitty jobs?

-Why are the meat patties rapping and have lips and teeth?

-What happened to Bill in the video? Is he still working on meat today, or did he move to front counter?

Now, if you want to make a good training video, look no further than Parappa the Rappa II's Toasty Buns! If I saw this video, I'd get pumped up about working at a fast-food joint.

“My buns are very toasty, cook those those burgers. Watch them fries! French the fries!”

2 comments:

heals. said...

they should bring these ads back. back then, they were a serious attempt to be cool and people didn't take it seriously. today, they would be cool in a non-serious sort of way because people would be aware that they are aware that they used to try too hard to be cool but now they get it, sort of.

Semaj said...

I can see your point. Bring it back to make it campy and cheesy, because now everyone would be in on the joke.

I could newer videos with that in mind.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47